Welcome to Kathmandu
August 3 - 11, 2020
The hosts for the tour is the Adventure Skaraborg Society.
(Genealogical in Skaraborg.) Evening Meal included in the price for the hotels in Gothenburg and Skövde.
Day 1: Monday 3rd August
Included: Evening Meal at the hotel.
- Check in at Clarion Collection Hotel Odin in Gothenburg.
- Your guide is at the hotel.
- Evening Meal together at the hotel.
The Clarion Collection Hotel Odin recommend the taxi company Taxi Gothenburg for travel from the airport to the hotel.
Gothenburg is in Swedish Göteborg.
Day 2: Thuesday 4th August
Included: Breakfast at the hotel & Lunch in Gothenburg & Evening Meal at the hotel in Skövde.
- Check out from Clarion Collection Hotel Odin in Gothenburg.
- Stop at the dock "Amerikakajen" where the emigrants boarded the ships to North America.
- Visit The House of Emigrants in Gothenburg. We get a guide and see the exhibitions.
- Travel to Skaraborg and Skövde.
- Check in at the Clarion Hotel Majoren in Skövde. The hotel is within walking distance of Skövde center and Skövde train station.
- Welcome dinner at the hotel with the travel group and your hosts Adventure Skaraborg Society.
On the evening it’s our first opportunity to meet one another and we will make a brief presentation to talk about the coming days.
is so named because it overlooks the shore of the Bay of Bengal. It is a structural temple, built with blocks of granite, dating from the 8th century AD. At the time of its creation, the site was a busy port during the reign of Narasimhavarman II of the Pallava dynasty.